Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) – Open Data Product Terms and Conditions
The PSA Open Data Product Terms and Conditions apply to Microdata classified under Public Use Files, Summarized data, Data tables which are part of a Publication in electronic form, Digitized/Paper maps or ancillary services such as Limited Tabulations and Extracted file of selected variables from a Microdata file (any one of these or collectively, referred to as the “Product”). These are furnished by the PSA to an individual/institution (referred to as the “Client”), each of which is identified through the filled-out data request form (for walk-in), email request, or official letter of request. These Terms and Conditions comprise the entire agreement between the parties (collectively referred to as the “Agreement”). The Client’s acceptance of the Product from the PSA is to be deemed to constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
NOTE: Not covered in this Agreement are non-complementary Printed Publications, Special Requests, Project-Type Services, Microdata classified under License files, and Microdata files accessible on-site (data enclave) as these require a fee under the PSA’s pricing policy, and a separate product agreement.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: The Product provided to the Client conforms to the provisions of confidentiality stated under Section 26 of the Republic Act No. 10625 also known as "Philippine Statistical Act of 2013" which states that “Individual data furnished by a respondent to statistical inquiries, surveys and censuses of the PSA shall be considered privileged communication and as such shall be inadmissible as evidence in any proceeding. The PSA may release aggregated information from statistical inquiries, surveys and censuses in the form of summaries or statistical tables in which no reference to an individual, corporation, association, partnership, institution or business enterprise shall appear.”
- LICENSE/AUTHORIZATION: The Product provided by the PSA to the Client under this Agreement is free of charge, and classified under the Open Data with Creative Commons Attribution License (cc-by). This means that the Client is free to share (copy and redistribute) the Product in any medium or format; remix, transform and build upon the Product for any purpose, non-commercial and even commercially under the following conditions:
- ATTRIBUTION - Any report, paper or similar articles, whether published or not, resulting from the use of the data in the Product is to give appropriate acknowledgment to the PSA as the source of basic data as suggested herein. “Philippine Statistics Authority, 2015 Census of Population and Housing” or Philippine Statistics Authority, 2015 Family Income and Expenditure Survey.” The Client is encouraged to provide PSA with a copy of such report, paper or article, and indicate if changes were made to the original Product. The Client may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the PSA endorses the Client or the Client’s use. All technical notes, or explanations needed to better understand the Product should be incorporated. In addition, under the Agreement, unless expressly allowed by the Client, such report, paper or article is not to be used by the PSA for any purpose other than monitoring.
- NO ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS – The Client may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the PSA, to the extent possible, the PSA offers the Product as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Product, whether express, implied, statutory, or other means. These include, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to the Client.
To the extent possible, in no event will the PSA be liable to the Client on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or use of the Product, even if the PSA has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply to the Client.