The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) is the primary statistical arm of the government. It is responsible in the conduct and content of all national censuses and surveys, gathering of sectoral statistics, consolidation of selected administrative recording systems, and compilation of national accounts.
OpenSTAT is an open data platform powered by PC-Axis a user-friendly application with versatile possibilities for presenting statistical tables with visualization features. This system allows the PSA to share data under an open data license where data can be freely used, re-used and redistributed by anyone without any restrictions other than proper source attribution.
The OpenSTAT aims to make the statistical data collected and compiled by the PSA to be available to its various clients and stakeholders. Moreover, it sets the following objectives:
- Adherence to the Open Data Initiative
- Contribute towards achievement of Sustainable Development Goals
- Facilitate an inclusive, sustainable and resilient development
- Promote a National Data Sharing, Accessibility Policy and Standards
- Promote innovation through provision of Open Application Program Interfaces
- Increase and improve the utilization of data for decision-making, citizen empowerment, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Support capacity building and innovation for the generation, sharing and utilization of data at national, regional and local level
PSA invites all agencies to join the open data initiative to create a conducive environment for an open and transparent governance.